Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Exorcist (Good 5 stars)


I must start out this post by saying that I did not watch this movie directly before making this post. I have watched this movie twice in my life. I will never watch it again. This is the scariest movie ever made in my opinion. There is not a single other movie that bothers me in anyway, but this movie plagues my mind for months after each viewing. It gives me nightmares.
Because of that fact (and many others), this movies holds a unique place. I've talked to my friends about this movie to see if I was just being a sissy about it. The responses I've got about it were interesting. Apparently, all of those people that I talked to about it that had a strong Christian or especially Catholic upbringing considered it the scariest movie of all time. Whereas, everyone else either flat out said it was stupid or just remained largely unaffected by it.
The movie is amazing no matter what your religious background is. It is, without a doubt, mercilessly effective psychologically. I really don't want to talk about it too much more. It scares me just thinking about it for prolonged periods of time. So you should see it if you haven't yet. Five stars if you have the guts for it.

Dr. Death is sitting this one out though.

No comments: